We specialize in small groups that are age and skill-level appropriate. Types of classes include Parent and Me, Toddler, Preschool and School Age Groups (children over age 4).
Parent and Me Groups are for children 6 months to 3 years. An adult family member accompanies the child in the pool. This gives parents the opportunity to become comfortable with their child in the water and learn skills they can practice at home. Classes are 30 minutes long with 5 - 6 parent/child couples in each class.
There are three levels of Parent and Me Group Classes:.
- Parent and Me Tot: Children 13 months to 36 months years.
- Parent and Me Plus: Children 18 months to 36 months. This class is for the child who is already comfortable swimming 3 feet on their own and can now work on swimming longer distances and independent breathing.
- Super Baby: Children 20 months to 36 months who can already swim 3 feet on their own and are ready to swim without a parent in their class. Participants work on swimming longer distances and improving their skills.
Dispoasable diapers are not allowed in our pools. All children under 36 months or, older children who are not potty trained, must use a non-disposible swim diaper under their swim suits. These diapers are available at both of our locations. Please visit our boutique area at either location if you have any questions.
Toddler Groups are for toddlers up to 48 months without a parent in the pool. Classes are 30 minutes long with 3 children in each class.
There are 4 levels of Toddler Groups:
- Water Bugs: Beginning participants work on water adjustment and safety skills. Children should start in Parent and Me Tot or private lessons if they are extremely fearful of the water.
- Advanced Water Bugs: These children can already swim 3 feet on their own. Participants work on swimming longer distances and independent breathing.
- Super Water Bugs: These swimmers can already swim 10 feet on their own and can breathe independently. Participants work on swimming longer distances and beginning strokes.
- Extreme Water Bug: These Swimmers can already swim 18 feet on their own of basic freestyle, backstroke and dolphin kicks. The children will improve backstroke and freestyle with proper side breathing. These children will also be introduced to basic breaststroke kick. They will also swim longer distances and build endurance.
Preschool Groups and School Age Groups
(children over age 4) are 30 minutes long with 4 children in each class. There are six levels of Preschool and School Age groups from beginners through pre-swim team.
This class is an introduction for a child who is not yet comfortable with breath control, submerging, floating, and kicking. The child must be eager to place his or her head in the water. Any child who is extremely fearful should start in private lessons.
This class is for the child who is already comfortable front floating and kicking with their head under water for 3 feet on their own. The child will learn crawl arm stroke, back floating, breathing skills, and elementary backstroke arm strokes.
This class is for the child who is already comfortable swimming 15 feet with an unassisted breath. The child will learn freestyle with rollover breaths, backstroke, and dolphin kicks.
The following levels are used for children 4 and a half or older.
This class is designed for children who are already swimming freestyle 30 feet with rollover breaths and basic backstroke. The child will continue to improve backstroke and freestyle with proper side breathing. The child will also be introduced to basic breaststroke kick, and will swim longer distances and build endurance.
Level 5 (Fit Fish)
Fit Fish Swimmers must know how to swim freestyle with proper side breathing and backstroke. The child will learn the full breaststroke and will continue to work on swimming longer distances of freestyle, backstroke, and dolphin kicking
Level 6 (Junior Swim Team)
Junior Swim Team Children must be able to swim 25 yards of freestyle with side breathing, backstroke and breaststroke. Swimmers work on butterfly, stroke refinement and endurance. Classes are fourty five minutes and size of class may vary.
Private lessons are for children or adults and allow for undivided attention from the instructor. Classes are 30 minutes long. Private lessons are teacher recommended.